About Me

My photo
A 40-ish publisher (editor, project manager, etc.), husband, and father of an even number of offspring, I grew up, or failed to, reading fantasy and sci-fi. I still enjoy reading, and now am trying to write. My favorite books include YA fantasy, manga, biography, and advice to authors. I'm also a former history major/grad student/high school teacher and assessment writer. Now I work for a school supplement publisher, specializing in high-low chapter books. I spend a lot of my time controlling reading levels. At night, I cut loose and use long words. W00t!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Distracted...

This is hard to explain, but I recently read a book, and wanted to write about it, but forgot what it is.

My current reading list is:
1. Gennifer Choldenko, Al Capone Does My Shirts (reading aloud with the boys), soon to be followed by Al Capone Shines My Shoes; I look forward to reading these every night!
2. Kim Stanley Robinson, Fifty Degrees Below (bathroom reading...Robinson's novels are kind of filling, so I read the climate change-aka Science in the Capital-series a little at a time); Frank Vanderwal is finally growing on me, a bit
3. Lev Grossman, The Magicians (this is good enough to make me skip manga for days at a time)
4. various high-interest, low reading level books I'm reviewing and/or revising at work
5. political blogs that I haven't felt compelled to comment on
6. various manga

My non-reading demands are also high. The kids are in a sports day camp that cuts into my workday, I have lots of stuff due nownownow at work, and I've been getting more exercise lately.

I'll be interested to rediscover what it is I just read, and then think about whether it's worth sharing if I've forgotten it that easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment