About Me

My photo
A 40-ish publisher (editor, project manager, etc.), husband, and father of an even number of offspring, I grew up, or failed to, reading fantasy and sci-fi. I still enjoy reading, and now am trying to write. My favorite books include YA fantasy, manga, biography, and advice to authors. I'm also a former history major/grad student/high school teacher and assessment writer. Now I work for a school supplement publisher, specializing in high-low chapter books. I spend a lot of my time controlling reading levels. At night, I cut loose and use long words. W00t!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

coolest thing I read today: the wherefores of book titles

I'm sorry Gary Dexter's blog, How Books Got Their Titles, is no longer active, but he posted 181 essays explaining book titles, which I think is a very literary and worthy thing to do. I liked his explanation of the origin of the title Pride and Prejudice (#178) very much.

I'll definitely pay his blog a visit again (after all, I have 177 left to go!), and if you're among the handful of people reading this, I guess you might like to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment