About Me

My photo
A 40-ish publisher (editor, project manager, etc.), husband, and father of an even number of offspring, I grew up, or failed to, reading fantasy and sci-fi. I still enjoy reading, and now am trying to write. My favorite books include YA fantasy, manga, biography, and advice to authors. I'm also a former history major/grad student/high school teacher and assessment writer. Now I work for a school supplement publisher, specializing in high-low chapter books. I spend a lot of my time controlling reading levels. At night, I cut loose and use long words. W00t!

Monday, April 11, 2011

nerd alert!

I just received delivery at work of Carlo Cipolla's 1962 book The Economic History of World Population. I don't know why, but I get really excited to read analyses of history I did not anticipate. Cipolla is also a great writer, at least in my limited experience, and I was pleased to find this book of which I had been ignorant only a week ago. Actually, I found it in Stylish Penguin and Pelican Book covers at Abuzeedo,  an entry in Brazilian Paulo Gabriel's graphic design blog. I think he's even nerdier than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment